Monday, November 29, 2010

What Life is All About


Last night my family joined our fellow Pinoy kababayans here in Perth for a small gathering. We had a cookout. They served burgers, hot dogs and people brought side dishes and desserts. And of course, the Pinoy Adobo.
Near the end of the evening, several people were dancing. I watched a
very young man and woman dance together. Probably in their teens. I’m not sure if they’re a couple or not
but there was something deeply touching and innocent about it. I was
almost too embarrassed to watch. I don’t know why. Moments like these
are magical. Actually, being able to get away from the hustle and
bustle and slow down and enjoy one another’s company can feel foreign. Inside I feel that this is what life’s supposed to be
about::: sweet, endearing moments that leave behind a lingering,
satisfying feeling. Like eating a delicious and nutritious meal slowly
rather than snarfing down a value meal from a fast
food resto.
Let us enjoy life. Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment